A collection of some of my favorite links, tweets and quotes from June. While these aren’t a comprehensive look at or summary of June 2012, they do capture the things that I found interesting, thought provoking, and/or cool over the past month.
- Dejobbed, bewifed and much childrenised
- Simplistic Illustrations of Negative Space
- A cheap and accurate cancer sensor created by a 15 year old.
- Frida Kahlo Rocking Daft Punk
- Newspaper artfully describes upcoming Nickelback concert and hilarious alternatives to it.
- Scumbag Steve describes the Ricketts Family
- A better git log
- 10 Artists, 10 Years : Color Palettes
- GZA and Neil de Grasse Tyson to team up on a hip-hop science album
- Developer Economics 2012 : The New Mobile App Economy
- My mother declared my bedroom a disaster area.
- 2011 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest Winners
- Digitally Assembled Paintings
- Great moments in tech support history
- Chief Justice John Roberts #YOLO
- Eulerian Video Magnification framework that can visualize the human pulse.
- There’s no such thing as an objective filter: Why designing algorithms that tell us the news is hard
- “EC2 comes with a free Chaos Monkey service. It’s called EC2.” – pjscott via Hacker News
- “Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by process.” – Paul Ford
- “We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.” – Ray Bradbury RIP